Translate

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Molding The Minds of The Future


             Hello, I'm Matthew. I am a high school sophomore and this is a portfolio of my work. This particular blog post is on the topic of teachers. The unsung heroes of our society.

             Most people, especially students, take teachers for granted. They're not just people who bombard us with homework and assignments. They mold the minds of our future. People like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had to learn from somewhere. What makes a teacher truly great is the ability to understand the students and their learning needs. A great teacher figures out a way to help the students really absorb the information. Instead of having them read a chapter of the textbook in class and complete a packet for homework. Less can be more. Sometimes interactive activities and group work really help. When I was in sixth grade I had a science teacher named Mr.Williams. To this day he has been the best teacher I have ever had. Mr.Williams might not have been the one to hand out candy or not assign homework. But he didn't sabotage us when it came time for tests. He made sure that everyone was totally comfortable with the subject before testing us. He would use every weapon in his arsenal.This is a vital quality to have in order to succeed as a teacher.  A specific thing that you, Mrs.Gallagher, could do to really support me this year would be to really understand us students and our learning needs.

             I agree with John Green that it is our duty as students to use our education to do great things. Someday we will be the ones responsible to change the future and push society forward. For this year I hope to reach a 4.0 gpa and hopefully keep improving it. To reach this goal I will work to keep all quarter grades in the A range.

No comments:

Post a Comment